Instead of ingredient reading like a fiend, preparing your own food is a fail-safe method
to ensure that the food you are eating is completely gluten free. Homemade granola is a delicious and less expensive alternative to purchasing certified gluten-free granola. Of course, it’s important to purchase gluten-free oats, which can seem expensive at health food stores, but can actually be quite cheap when purchased online from sites.
Try my mom’s homemade gluten free granola recipe below
Pre-Heat oven to 300F
1/3 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
4 cups of large flake oats
1 cup of chopped pecans
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/4 of flax seed
1/4 of hemp hearts or chia seed
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup of dried cranberries
– Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
– Pour honey and oil into a glass bowl and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes
– Meanwhile in a large bowl combine oats, nuts, sugar, flax seed, hemp hearts, cinnamon and salt.
– Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture and blend thoroughly.
– Spread evenly on the cookie sheet, bake, stirring every ten minutes!
– Bake for 30 minutes.
– Remove from the oven, add dried cranberries and blend
– When cool, store in an airtight container.
You can store the granola in the freezer to keep it fresh for months!